Dec 8, 2008

The Holiday List That Wasn't

DSC_0505The lousy picture at the right shows the second holiday gift on my list blocking. I way looking at it and thinking about holiday knitting and I realized that I never really made a list for this year. Two scarves and one hat were a given since they were all carry-over projects that had been promised or committed to long ago. I planned to make an actual list but I never did and now I realize that I'm not going to. It's not that I've suddenly forsaken gift knitting - there is just so much else on my mind and I've already found holiday gifts for almost everyone else on my list. Really, it's all good.

I'll still be knitting for the family this winter and some of it has very finite deadlines. There's the shawl for DQ which will hopefully move faster now that I got some Addi Lace needles. I'd love to finish the last 13 kippot by the end of this month as well as Grandma's sweater and a few other random things. It'll all get done if I stay focused.

Right now it's really all about grandma's sweater. Over the weekend I finally finished reknitting the yarn already incorporated into the start of the failed Tangled Yoke Sweater. I've heard that this is a fast pattern so I'm looking forward to cruising along on it and having it completed well before our upcoming trip to NY. I just can't wait to present it to my grandmother. If all goes according to plan, I'll have a little something for my grandfather as well.

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

You are a very generous knitter!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty scarf!

Cursing Mama said...

I have planned only one (quick & simple) knitted gift for this year - and, if I don't have good progress by next Wednesday I'll abandon that idea and go to plan B. It sure has taken the pressure off.