Dec 12, 2008

My DC - Week 41

Here's a building that may look a little familiar to fans of the West Wing although I don't think that this is the side that appeared on the show. This is the face that the Old Executive Office Building shows to the ellipse.

DSC_0059
It's not the most attractive building but it has it's high points like the golden statue perched out in front of it. Oooooh shiny.

DSC_0061
Here is the opposite side of the building, which faces the Renwick Gallery. I like the dormer wibdows that pierce the roofline and the elegant, white, chimneys.

DSC_0154
The pediment that sits atop this side of the building is kind of neat in a weird way. A limbless torso topped by a headless helmet with a bird perched on it... maybe it's just weird.

DSC_0153

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

I don't watch West Wing so that's a new one for me.