Dec 2, 2008

T is for...

Thankful.

Yes, I'm a little late but I feel way more thankful today than I did a week ago. Today Hubbo started his new job. Obviously it's too soon to say much but it just feels so good knowing that he found something. We were trying so hard not to think about the what-ifs but it was getting harder by the day.

Another reason that I'm thankful today is that it's DQ's birthday. My girl is thirteen today.

DSC_0305

I just adore this kid. She is beautiful inside and out, responsible, and open to new things. Sure she's got a few quirks but nothing that stops me from looking at her every single day and marvelling at the person she's become.

I am very lucky and thankful indeed.

5 comments:

Cursing Mama said...

*pretending ABC Along never happened*

Happy Birthday!!!

And - so happy to hear hubbo is back to work.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, DQ!!!! You are a beautiful young lady.

I'm so happy to hear your Hubbo has started a new job; I know only too well the stress of the what-ifs!

margene said...

It is a relief when they head back to work.
Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter! She is a beautiful grrl!

Unknown said...

That's great news about your husband! And happy birthday to your daughter!

Carole Knits said...

I'm so happy about the job for Bruce! Tell him I said congrats. And give Lindsey a big birthday hug from me.