Dec 19, 2008

My DC - Week 42

I was a little worried about how I'd finish off the year of "My DC". The weather just hadn't been cooperating with my desire to go roan and take pictures. Then on Monday we had an unexpectedly beautiful day so I went out for a nice long lunchtime walk.

Full Count

It wasn't planned in advance so I didn't have my DSLR with me but my trusty Cannon Elph is always with me. It's been quite a while since I used it extensively. It was kind of fun but a little frustrating to have less control than usual. Here is Simon Bolivar.

Simon Bolivar
I had a particular destination in mind but I'll save that for next week. Along the way I saw all kinds of cool stuff like this statue on the grounds of the American Red Cross headquarters.
IMG_2600IMG_2599

Last but not least, I saw the progress that they're making on the grandstand for the Inauguration.

IMG_2602

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait! Where are the baseball players? I've never seen them in my strolls...