Dec 9, 2008

U is for...

Up

Through the course of the ABC Along it becomes obvious that some letters are much easier than others. Many have clear associations for us. I knew D, L, S and Q just as soon as I committed myself to the project. Other letters just came to me in a flash and fit perfectly like K and N.

U has been the most difficult letter not because I can't think of any U words but because I can. In times like these, there is so much ugliness and unpleasantness around. Many are feeling uncertain about the future and at times it seems like unkindness abounds. It's way to easy to go on in this manner.
DSC_0300

U is for Up because it's one of the most positive words I can think of. Waking up, climbing up, looking up, even finding the upside of an unfortunate situation. It's way to easy to sink into unhappiness but it's much more challenging and satisfying to rise up above that which could bring us down.

Lloyd Dobler: Why can't you be in a good mood? How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and be in a good mood once in a while?
Constance: Gee, it's easy.
- from Say Anything

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Remembering to be UP is a great idea.